Thursday, April 7, 2011

At the End of the Day...

Is there ever enough minutes in a day for us mother's to get everything accomplished that is set before us?  Sometimes I think there is just no way!  I have been working hard on getting a regular routine set up that can mix in there all the other stuff that needs to get done. I could really get overwhelmed if I think I need to get it all done 'today'!  Even if I didnt take a break for rest I dont think I could ever have everything done.  With all that is required of me I also want to enjoy the day!  The Lord really has given me permission to prioritize and to focus on a few things each day and add in the rest day by day.  I am finding so much joy in my bible time with the children.  If I did no other schooling but got this done for the day I feel I have touched eternity in some small way.  When I just slow down and seize the moments we seem to get 'more' done!  Its hard as a mama to have a full plate and sometimes with so many little ones it feel as though all we are doing is disciplining all day.  It has helped me to step back look at each situation Thru the eyes of Jesus.  If we call on Him, He is faithful!  Today I got much done, much more than I expected to get done.  Spoke love into each childs heart, all of them were pretty attentive during their learning time and I got that mountain of laundry kicked out!! Well for today hehe.  Got some organizing done to help me keep it under control, need a few more dressers and bookshelves.  All that said what matters at the end of the day?...is that Jesus was intertwined into everything!  He is that thread that holds everything else together.  God makes everything work together for His purpose and glory! and thats a good thing. :)

1 comment:

  1. I love reading you, Debbie! You are so encouraging. I love hearing about your life and what God is teaching you. May God bless you with all that you need for each day's demands. Much love to you.
    Sheri

    ReplyDelete