Wednesday, March 16, 2011

*Sigh

I feel like I have been spinning my wheels in all different directions this week.  I have had too many errands and being sick on top of it all.  Im so glad that next week things look like they will be cooling down temp wise, nothing is worse than being so busy and it being too warm out. I would say hot but I know hot and its not quite here yet!
Ok so...I have been working on making dietary life changes to better my health and to keep from adding any more meds to my life, and hopefully dropping most of them.  I have done very well in making daily choices and on the spot decisions.  Ive lost 15 pounds so far.  While watching my carbs over the last 8yrs. I really allowed myself to eat protien foods without much thought.  With that has come a elevation in my cholesterol. While not horribly high 207, its high enough for me to be concerned of it going higher if I dont take control now!

Ive also learned alot about myself and my eating patterns.  I eat when under stress.  And the worse part is eating under stress and a full schedule life.  They dont mix well at all!  Stress causes me to just pop whatever in and having a really busy hectic day causes me to make wrong choices in what I choose to eat.  I have stayed away from fast food for about a month now. Before I would stop and just get what ever if we were out and about and it hit lunch time.  Now I either pack our lunch or I will have a my wiser choice and choose a low fat sub.  Not that we ate out often but even just once a week or so can add a craving for the bad things.

I really do feel better and believe that I have made a life change not just a change for a while or a fad diet change but one that I can live with.  I think it also will be good on my kiddos to think twice about what we put in our bodies.  While we are not perfect, and we still will have a treat now and then it the day in and day out choices that we make that stand and make the bigger picture difference.

Ive been under quite a bit of stress this week. I had plenty of opportunity to just let my new convictions fly out  the window after all stress used to equal justification right!  But I really have taken this to heart and want to remain faithful to myself on the most stressful days!  By the Holy Spirits help we can I can do this if I will just stop and listen. Im so glad that the Holy Spirit guides us and reveals to us what needs to be worked on in His timing, such a loving God we have!  So my *sigh, is one of relief that I am not alone in this, He is giving me the will power to stick to it and the knowledge to help me grow in this area. I praise Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment